Reader reviews and comments on Winter In Madrid, plus links to write your own review.

Winter In Madrid

Lisa A. Goldstein

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Winter In Madrid

Ross

Fantastic
Best book I've read in years. An absolute must if you like historical fiction.
deris

good book
A good book to read.
P. Hawkins

"Winter in Madrid" and the Shardlake Series
Mr. Sansom has the potential to be a great writer, but falls short of that goal. Any author that overuses words or phrases leave something bitter in his or her writings. In fact, throughout the four Shardlake series, I began to count the very numerous times he used "shivered" and "shuddered". He then carried that into his "Winter in Madrid". I wondered if he would.
J. CRESSMAN

Winter in Madrid
A grey, cheerless,morbid tale of Spain's dreary civil war, written, I suspect by an author quite lacking in faith, hope or positive outlook. One might gather, by his writing, that Sansome, is an unhappy Left-winger--Too bad. Not, in a book that you can't put down. In fact, a book better not to have picked up at all.

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E