Reader reviews and comments on Winter In Madrid, plus links to write your own review.

Winter In Madrid

Lisa A. Goldstein

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Winter In Madrid

Ross

Fantastic
Best book I've read in years. An absolute must if you like historical fiction.
deris

good book
A good book to read.
P. Hawkins

"Winter in Madrid" and the Shardlake Series
Mr. Sansom has the potential to be a great writer, but falls short of that goal. Any author that overuses words or phrases leave something bitter in his or her writings. In fact, throughout the four Shardlake series, I began to count the very numerous times he used "shivered" and "shuddered". He then carried that into his "Winter in Madrid". I wondered if he would.
J. CRESSMAN

Winter in Madrid
A grey, cheerless,morbid tale of Spain's dreary civil war, written, I suspect by an author quite lacking in faith, hope or positive outlook. One might gather, by his writing, that Sansome, is an unhappy Left-winger--Too bad. Not, in a book that you can't put down. In fact, a book better not to have picked up at all.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi
by Neel Patel

Patel's stories offer a bold and timely new literary voice.

M T G Before I S