Reader reviews and comments on Winter In Madrid, plus links to write your own review.

Winter In Madrid

good book
A good book to read.
Ross (07/19/16)

Fantastic
Best book I've read in years. An absolute must if you like historical fiction.
P. Hawkins (07/18/10)

"Winter in Madrid" and the Shardlake Series
Mr. Sansom has the potential to be a great writer, but falls short of that goal. Any author that overuses words or phrases leave something bitter in his or her writings. In fact, throughout the four Shardlake series, I began to count the very numerous times he used "shivered" and "shuddered". He then carried that into his "Winter in Madrid". I wondered if he would.
J. CRESSMAN (05/17/08)

Winter in Madrid
A grey, cheerless,morbid tale of Spain's dreary civil war, written, I suspect by an author quite lacking in faith, hope or positive outlook. One might gather, by his writing, that Sansome, is an unhappy Left-winger--Too bad. Not, in a book that you can't put down. In fact, a book better not to have picked up at all.

• Book Jacket: Lincoln in the Bardo

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say

K Your F C