Reader reviews and comments on The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, plus links to write your own review.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

Amy Reading

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

reading woman

Crimes against women
This chilling novel falls in the category of crimes against and by women. Esme Lennox was "vanished" because she did not fit in with what was expected by her culture. Set in the present with the back story coming out bit by bit, the horror of the story, the extreme twistedness of the characters and the inhumane attitudes toward such a woman as Esme, drilled into my heart.

The real secret of the novel is in the writing and the delicate, tasteful way all is finally revealed. You can suppress and twist the human spirit but you cannot eliminate it.
Majorbabs

Memorable, moving story
It's always good to be reminded of what today's women have won in terms of freedom, and The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox is one of the best choices. The story of Esme, who is released from hiding after many years, is one that will touch you and move you. Decidedly non-linear, it may be hard to grasp who's talking and when in spots, but persevere and an engrossing, very personal tale will enfold you.
Power Reviewer Melissa

What is Madness?
Thoroughly enjoyed the mystery. The writing had potential to be very confusing, but Farrell did a great job of tying it all together.
Says much about what behaviors we consider "Mad", maybe they are just abnormal - much like today's prolific diagnosis of autism. maybe being different isn't always wrong or in need of being fixed.
The Brit

An Unfavorable Review for The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
I rarely read book reviews before I buy a novel. I don’t like to be influenced by others in what I consider to be a personal experience. However, on this occasion I wish I had read a few of the reviews before purchasing the book. I gave this book a 1-star (mediocre) ; I found it to be well written but utterly predictable.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers