Reader reviews and comments on Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

Sep 1996, 360 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 88 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

K. Combs

Poverty through the eyes of a child
Our book club read this book last year. I fell it love with this book. Frank McCourt's description of his life via his eyes as a child were so real, sad and yet humorous all at the same time. And yet to still be aware it was all true. I laughed so hard at time it brought me to tears. There are only a handful of books I will never be without, and I am very proud to say, this is one. McCourt give a very vivid description of what life was like, for the wee lads, during this period of history. It left me craving for more.

im my opinion it is the best
It is one of the wonderful books I have read. In this book everything is perfect -subject,reality and others. I can't explain more because I only know a little English. THANK YOU MR McCOURT

Angela's Ashes
This book is highly recommended, after reading this made me realize that there is a reason for everything. This book makes me a better person.

it is a great novel that gives a clear perspective on Frank's life and makes you really feel for him

fantastic up and down emotions. pulling at your heart strings laughing crying and simply delightful!
Morgan Evans

Hi! My name is Morgan Evans and i am 14 years old. I have seen this book on shelves and i have just passed it on by which was a mistake. When i began my freshman year in highschool i had to pick a person or a biography to study. This was a 500 point grade and when finding that the person of my choice was already taken i decided to read the book. The beginning was kind of slow but when i got into the book it was touching and it made me feel very thankful for what i have. This book was great!

This book shows you exactly what life was like in the 1930's. It is great for summer reading or for any one who has to do a college or high school senior English report. I highly recomend this book to everyone.

it was really good and so was 'Tis [the next book in the series] but the only annoying thing was that it didn't have quotation marks... and to answer Michele's question i dont think its the fire thing ... read 'Tis and you'll get it

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple
    The Driest Season
    by Meghan Kenny

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony