Reader reviews and comments on Consumption, plus links to write your own review.

Consumption

Jul 2008, 400 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Consumption

E. Erickson

Reader Review of CONSUMPTION
This book presented an excellent picture of the changing life of the Inuit. The interstitial segments about health were both interesting and instructing.
Christine Clapp

Consumption
The writing is excellent - I can "feel" the cold of the Arctic and sense these people's way of life - the pull of more modern society - the clutching to old ways. I'm buying a copy for friends and family for Christmas this year.
Natalie

Refutes current propaganda
I love it that the author calls attention to the American diet as he tells the sad tale of the destruction and diseases of the Inuit tribe; you might think he is being politically correct. If you read more carefully, suddenly you realize he is tracing the history of this tribe through God's, or Mother Nature's climate change, the arrival and departure of the Vikings, how Greenland was, in fact, green, but yet the Inuit survived through all the warm and cold periods thrown at them.

Nowhere do you read about CO2, and the liberal wringing of hands, but what becomes obvious to people who think, is that consumerism, ie, consumption, is the eventual ruin of all.

Rankin Inlet & The Inuit

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie