Reader reviews and comments on Consumption, plus links to write your own review.

Consumption

by Kevin Patterson

Consumption by Kevin Patterson

Aug 2007, 384 pages
    Jul 2008, 400 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Consumption

E. Erickson

Reader Review of CONSUMPTION
This book presented an excellent picture of the changing life of the Inuit. The interstitial segments about health were both interesting and instructing.
Christine Clapp

Consumption
The writing is excellent - I can "feel" the cold of the Arctic and sense these people's way of life - the pull of more modern society - the clutching to old ways. I'm buying a copy for friends and family for Christmas this year.
Natalie

Refutes current propaganda
I love it that the author calls attention to the American diet as he tells the sad tale of the destruction and diseases of the Inuit tribe; you might think he is being politically correct. If you read more carefully, suddenly you realize he is tracing the history of this tribe through God's, or Mother Nature's climate change, the arrival and departure of the Vikings, how Greenland was, in fact, green, but yet the Inuit survived through all the warm and cold periods thrown at them.

Nowhere do you read about CO2, and the liberal wringing of hands, but what becomes obvious to people who think, is that consumerism, ie, consumption, is the eventual ruin of all.

Rankin Inlet & The Inuit

by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers