MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Play Dead, plus links to write your own review.

Play Dead

by David Rosenfelt

Play Dead by David Rosenfelt X
Play Dead by David Rosenfelt

May 2007, 320 pages
    Aug 2009, 384 pages

There is 1 reader review for Play Dead

Whoizzit

Not Just for Dog Lovers - Best Yet!
I discovered David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series a few years ago and have read them all. I love his wit, the well-defined characters, the plotlines, and the dogs that are always close to the main characters. IMHO, Play Dead is one of Rosenfelt's best Andy Carpenter mysteries so far. The cast of characters that we've come to love is still around, along with some new friends and enemies who make things ve-ery interesting. Not to mention a beautiful Golden Retriever named Reggie who may be the key to freeing his beloved owner from a setup and prison sentence. It's a page-turner, and I loved it. Highly recommend it, and the rest of the series. Please, sir, may we have some MORE?

Animals on Trial

• Book Jacket: Hamnet
    Hamnet
    by Maggie O'Farrell
    William Shakespeare's name is never used in Hamnet — a conspicuous absence around which Maggie...
  • Book Jacket: After the Last Border
    After the Last Border
    by Jessica Goudeau
    According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, the number of displaced people around the world is ...
  • Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M