What readers think of A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

R. B

a Thousand Splendid Suns
Excellent!! Thumbs up!! Love the author's writing style.
Can't wait for the next book!!
Karlene

A thousand splendid suns
I couldn't put it down. A truly powerful and emotional story. It gave me a new appreciation of the plight of women in third world countries.
Y.Abbasi

SPEECHLESS
It was un-put-downable. It's a realistic point of view of what life can be and what you make of it. Its the ultimate story of sacrifice, love and tyranny. Hosseini has outdone some of the best writers of the 21st century in a way that can't be described - it's ineffable. Every character is palpable and leaves a deep imprint on your heart and soul. A beautiful tale. Just read it.
somegirl

Wow... a must read!!!
A Thousand Splendid Suns was a gorgeous book. It's a must read. the beginning is really slow but once you get to chapter three its starts getting better.
Maureen

A Thousand Spendid Suns
Not much either makes me cry or keeps me up late. This book did both. I couldn't wait to finish it. A must book to read.
Linda

A Thousand Splendid Suns
I loved both the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I could feel this story more deeply because of the female connection. As Laila is driving in the taxi and says that everywhere she sees death & grief yet these people somehow find the strength to endure. How Mariam & Laila endured. The beautiful love of their relationship. The strength of these women.....
Donna

This is the book of the year
Hi, when I picked this book up I was not sure what to think, would it be too sad, too much to handle? It turned out to be the best book I have ever read and I have read thousands of books. I cried, I laughed, I cheered and fell in love with each character (except Rasheed) I read this in two days, not being able to put it down. Staying up till 2 a.m just to feed the addiction I had to this book. Then when I woke up I started to read it again. I could not stop and when it was done and over I read it again. This book will leave you in tears, smiles, and a good feeling at the end.
Cherie

Great story
Wow! This is a great story that I plan on reading again. The Prose is amazing as sentences cause one to gasp. I plan on buying copies for my daughters.

A Short History of Afghanistan

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire