Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

R. B

a Thousand Splendid Suns
Excellent!! Thumbs up!! Love the author's writing style.
Can't wait for the next book!!

A thousand splendid suns
I couldn't put it down. A truly powerful and emotional story. It gave me a new appreciation of the plight of women in third world countries.

It was un-put-downable. It's a realistic point of view of what life can be and what you make of it. Its the ultimate story of sacrifice, love and tyranny. Hosseini has outdone some of the best writers of the 21st century in a way that can't be described - it's ineffable. Every character is palpable and leaves a deep imprint on your heart and soul. A beautiful tale. Just read it.

Wow... a must read!!!
A Thousand Splendid Suns was a gorgeous book. It's a must read. the beginning is really slow but once you get to chapter three its starts getting better.

A Thousand Spendid Suns
Not much either makes me cry or keeps me up late. This book did both. I couldn't wait to finish it. A must book to read.

A Thousand Splendid Suns
I loved both the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I could feel this story more deeply because of the female connection. As Laila is driving in the taxi and says that everywhere she sees death & grief yet these people somehow find the strength to endure. How Mariam & Laila endured. The beautiful love of their relationship. The strength of these women.....

This is the book of the year
Hi, when I picked this book up I was not sure what to think, would it be too sad, too much to handle? It turned out to be the best book I have ever read and I have read thousands of books. I cried, I laughed, I cheered and fell in love with each character (except Rasheed) I read this in two days, not being able to put it down. Staying up till 2 a.m just to feed the addiction I had to this book. Then when I woke up I started to read it again. I could not stop and when it was done and over I read it again. This book will leave you in tears, smiles, and a good feeling at the end.

Great story
Wow! This is a great story that I plan on reading again. The Prose is amazing as sentences cause one to gasp. I plan on buying copies for my daughters.

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple
    The Driest Season
    by Meghan Kenny

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony