Reader reviews and comments on Under The Tuscan Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Under The Tuscan Sun

Oct 1997, 255 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Under The Tuscan Sun

Ewesfulewe

Very pleasant read.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. No, it does not have a plot, and it does not have exciting, sweep you off of your feet type moments. If that is what you are seeking, keep looking. What is does have is an American's view of another country and some of the delights and headaches of life, anywhere. Any one who has owned an old house can understand what the author is going through and why she persisted. Take it for what it is and not for what it isn't and just enjoy the trip.
Carwin

As I read, I was transported to the warm balcony, overlooking the ancient, lusch, Tuscan country side. It did what a great book is supposed to do. Transport you.
Barbara from Poland

It's truth , this book smeel like a wine and tomato , my favorite ...
And I say "NA ZDROWIE" :-)
basia_sm@interia.pl
Molly

I LOVED this book. I love it because I love the way she changes through her life as she changes and improves the house. I'm fifteen and it is very hard for me to find a book that will fill my mature and intellectual needs and Under The Tuscan Sun does that. Thanks Frances!
Laurel

I thought this book was good if you did not want something exciting. It was pleasant and wonderful for light reading. I thought it was a great a great book overall. I wish It wouldn't have ended! I can't wait to go get the sequel. It was one of those books that when you get into them you love them!
Tom orlando

Under the Tuscan Sun
Tedious. For people who have never traveled. The movie is much better but it has nothing to do with the book except the name.
amye

SO BORiNG!
I am not a reader but when it is good I love to read. And Under The Tuscan Sun sucked! Like someone already said it is hardly Italian and way more American. I am half Italian and I know how things go.. and this lady had no plot what so ever!
Jewels

Cortona, Tuscany, was a tranquil spot before Frances Mayes arrived there.
Her pizza recipe in her book "Under The Tuscan Sun" is tasteless and so unlike Italian cuisine.
How typical of an American to ruin it all.
Too bad that the 298 pages could have been condensed to maximum of 50.

• Book Jacket: We Set the Dark on Fire
    We Set the Dark on Fire
    by Tehlor Mejia
    On the island of Medio, a wall separates the wealthy elite from those less fortunate who lack the ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

My Lovely Wife
    by Samantha Downing

Dexter meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith in this wildly compulsive debut thriller.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!