Reader reviews and comments on The Summer of 1787, plus links to write your own review.

The Summer of 1787

The Men Who Invented the Constitution

by David O. Stewart

The Summer of 1787 by David O. Stewart

Apr 2007, 368 pages
    May 2008, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Summer of 1787

Edward Kimmel

Opportunity to talk to your children
This was a great story book. We read it to our children (ages 11 and 12). What a story! What a learning experience! What an opportunity to talk to you kids about why America is who it is!

It is not a book you would just ask your kids to read; slavery, proportional representation, mercantile states vs agrarian states, all of that requires an explanation. But the concept of the book is to look at the "invention of the constitution" as the product of a group of real people. David Stewart discusses the personalities of the individuals and paints a picture of these vain, obstinate, egotistical PEOPLE. The stories of where they lived while they were in Philadelphia and how that affected the Constitution.

It was fun. A fun book to read to yourself. A great opportunity to talk to your children if you read it to them.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers