Reader reviews and comments on The Thrall's Tale, plus links to write your own review.

The Thrall's Tale

Dec 2006, 464 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Thrall's Tale

Heather

The Thrall's Tale
I was very excited to start this book, and had high hopes for it, but ended up not finishing it.The atmosphere of the book was very dark, and although the plot was semi-interesting, the odd language the author chose to use was very off-putting. I am aware that the language the author used was another period detail, but this was just distracting.The conversations between characters, using this Norse style language became stilted and detracted from the story's natural dramatical element. Another bothersome aspect of the book was the unrelenting darkness of the story. It seemed as though the characters would never be happy, tragedy befell them at every turn. This book never even got off the ground.

Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    Leonardo da Vinci
    by Walter Isaacson

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Win Mothers of Sparta