Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Oct 2006, 352 pages
    May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

daniel lakew (04/15/15)

life as we knew it
This book teaches humanity; how we need to be ready, and how people should come together to overcome of any natural disaster.
Mommadoo2018 (06/06/12)

major inaccuracy
As I read the book Life As We Knew It, I kept wondering how Miranda and her family managed to have water. Then it was stated that they were on a well. I live in the country and have well water, and I can tell you EMPHATICALLY that if there is no electricity, there is no well water. And electric pump in the well pumps the water from the well to the house, so if the electricity is off and you do not have a generator for back-up power, there is no water. I cannot believe this glaring error, that impacts the viability of the story, was not caught by the editors.
Katniss Everdeen (03/19/12)

Terrible Book
I found that this book had no real climax and the thoughts were very scattered, it was hard to relate to the main character and it was very boring. If you want to read a good piece of literature, read The Hunger Games series, this book is not worth your time.
Mom of 2 (11/30/11)

Still making me think
I read this book 6 months ago and I still think about it often. It was a very exciting book and really made me wonder if I have what it takes to survive a tragedy such as this. I wish more middle schools would have the kids read this. There are just so many things we take for granted - electricity, running water, telephone service, full grocery stores, sunshine! A real wake-up call! Great book! The whole series was great.
Raven Solis (02/26/11)

Best Book Ever
A fiction book with realistic events. Full of drama and suspense and some humor. I couldn't book the book down even if I wanted to eat. An amazing book
Anonymous (12/28/10)

"Life As We Knew it"~ Susan Beth Pfeffer
Amazing, with a hint of suspense. Each action leads to another in this adventurous experience of Miranda and her family. This "diary" is a great point of view of what life might be when it comes to an end. The beginning pulls you right through and the book will keep your attention throughout the entire experience. I was warned that when I stopped, I would not be able to put it down. I read for 3 days and was disappointed when it ended. Very great ending and the action never stops, even till the very last page.
Anonymous (12/21/10)

Life As We Knew It
This book kept me sucked in the whole time! The struggles of Miranda seemed so real through reading her journal entries. I would give it a 6 out of 5 if I could!! A round of applause for Susan Pfeffer! :)
Roz (12/19/10)

Life As We Knew It
This book was amazing. I could really relate to Miranda! She was very well developed. It's a great read, and I recommend it to everyone!!(:

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review