Reader reviews and comments on Into The Wild, plus links to write your own review.

Into The Wild

by Jon Krakauer

Into The Wild

Dec 1995, 207 pages
    Feb 1997, 255 pages

There are currently 135 reader reviews for Into The Wild

Victoria (04/10/13)

DON'T READ
I "read" this book for my 10th grade English class, I HATE to read anyways. but this is seriously the worst book ever. I read the first few chapters and stopped because it was so bad. after the fact we found out he hitchhiked to Alaska with different people and sent post cards that was all that there was to the book. We had to write book reports and a whole bunch of quizzes about this book and I aced every one even though I didn't read it, LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS. DON'T READ THIS BOOK. YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME.!
kyler (03/10/12)

this book was so boring i threw up
It's good his story got out but he needed to summarize it. I had to read a book based on a movie and I'll tell you what, I have a book report with a third of the ending guessed up into bland none exciting details. I think hobo stories belong as fire starting material
AAC (11/15/11)

SUPER BORING!!
I was suppose to read this for English but really only read a couple of chapters. the beginning was alright but after that I just had to stop reading it. I was not interested in how this guy met lots of people and hitchhiked to Alaska to be away from the rest of the world, its just not interesting at all to. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone..
ema-lee (05/03/11)

A novel-lovers dream
This book, Into the wild, is a fascinating, amazing, beautifully written, a novel lovers dream. While reading this book, the many emotions make it like you were living it, like it was your hopes, dreams and adventures. However I must say that this book is an acquired taste, and if you are not interested, you may not enjoy it as much as others will.
adam malik (03/09/11)

review
If you are a teen this book will be touching and is a good read, but it does get boring at times.
Mariya (02/23/11)

Enjoyed it.
I did enjoy the book. Whenever something makes me feel many emotions, I give it a thumbs up :) The only downside of the book was that it did get boring at times. My brain would shut off and read on autopilot for some parts. Other than that, Jon's writing style is very much admired.
ashley (11/12/10)

good
The book is very good I loved it. People say that is was a boring story well don't listen to the they are not telling you the truth because it is a great book I know that for a fact I hate reading and I loved this book people are not good readers like me and I could still understand it. So I am telling all to read the book it is good I love it and will read it again and again.
Celeste (11/04/10)

Into the Wild
This book is probably one of the best I've read in a long time. It's very detailed, and the plot keeps you reading and reading, you basically don't want to put the book down, wanting to know more about this unique character, Chris "Alex" McCandless. I highly recommend you take the time to read this book, it will give you a different insight about nature and its beautiful yet harsh characteristics.

• Book Jacket: Harmony
    A Gentleman in Moscow
    by Amor Towles

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review