Reader reviews and comments on London Calling, plus links to write your own review.

London Calling

Feb 2008, 304 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for London Calling

Larry Rose

London Calling
This story is a great book. I believe the action starts at the perfect time and everything fits in well. I do believe the air-raid attacks are thrilling and frighting. This story of Martin is great beyond my expectations, and will let you shed a tear when poor Jimmy Harker is crushed and Martin wakes into the ER room. This story is great and I praise Edward Bloor for his amazing writing style! Well done!
Unique Preston

Great job .
The best book I have ever read . I can read it over and over and not get bored with it.
camppruitt

great read for dads - great read for sons
A happenstance choice for me, this book resonated because I'm a grandson, a son, a dad and a grandfather! at age 52 I can relate to every relationship in the book!

What a great reminder of the angst young teens experience - and, which we carry into adulthood.

This book also brings the grit, smoke and death of wars into our hands and minds.

Thank you, Mr. Bloor. in my opinion you nailed it!

cp
Him

Amazing
This book throws your brain through the imagination of an amazing writer. Martin Conway struggles in a world that he doesn't understand until little Jimmy Harker shows up to change his world.
Sana

Wouldn't Recommend ...
I wouldn't recommend this book. In the beginning it was interesting but in the middle , it got me bored. I had to read it for school, for a book report.
Jeremy Huley

Ok
It is boring in the beginning but gets better (I had to read it for school). I wouldn't recommend it!
Sara George

London calling
BORING! Worst book I have ever read

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

Book Club
Fly Girls
by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U