MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on After This, plus links to write your own review.

After This

by Alice McDermott

After This

Sep 2006, 288 pages
    Sep 2007, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for After This

judy (03/30/10)

very disappointed
I was very excited when this book became available at my local library. It had been on my "must read" list for sometime so it was with great anticipation that I began to read. I found the book boring and the characters uninteresting. If the book had been any longer I would not have even attempted to finish it. It moved very slowly and just never took off for me. The last chapter was by far the most interesting. I just kept waiting and hoping something (anything!) interesting would happen to the characters.I will never pick up another book by this author again.
jill carmel (06/30/08)

After This by Alice McDermott
I was disappointed after reading Charming Billy -I thought this one would be just as good.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win The Widow

"Engrossing."
- Stephen King

A loving husband or a heartless killer…She'd know. Wouldn't she?

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H I A H Does