Reader reviews and comments on Ship Of Gold In The Deep Blue Sea, plus links to write your own review.

Ship Of Gold In The Deep Blue Sea

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Ship Of Gold In The Deep Blue Sea

Jim

Awesome read
This is a fascinating story both of the sinking of the ship and the finding of the ship. An incredible tale of human endurance and perseverance. Cannot wait to see who they cast in the movie.
Farhi Israel

I read the book in hebrew, it was translated by: Li Evron.
I couldn't leave the book antil i riched the end.
Donald

At first, I thought that it would be dry technical stuff, but as I read the 507 pages in two sittings, I found myself wanting more information. I consider this an unparalled work of biography, history and technology wrapped around a compelling story of discovery.
Jeann Foerstner

My husband read this book first and just raved about this incrediable journey. He gave it to our sons and they loved it too.
I decided to review this story for my book club and out of 13 women only one told me she did'nt like it!
I found myself getting up at night just so I could finish a chapter! I didn't want to put it down.
To think one young man could have so much insight and courage to fight the the weather, not to mention all the gold diggers is just so exciting.
I recommend this book to every one who loves adventure!

William Knott

Great Book about beating the odds and simple tragic life moments to California Miners aboard a doomed ship. Once you start you cannot put the book down!!!!
Dick

This is one of the best books I have ever read. Nothing like true stories to capture the imagination. Congratulations to everyone involved, from the writer to the adventurers and from the publisher to the courts who ruled that "finders are keepers!"
Ken

This book demonstrates the best of human inventiveness, persistence, and vision! I loved it! The author lets us get to know the Central America and its passengers and crew, then they focus on the recovery, with all of the amazing hurdles encountered. One of the best books I've read! If you like "Perfect Storm," you will love this one.
CINDY

While reading, thought it must be fiction because it was so farfetched - but felt like it must be something that really happened. Did a search on internet and sure enough - it is a true story. INCREDIBLE STORY.

• Book Jacket: Unsheltered
    Unsheltered
    by Barbara Kingsolver
    Willa Knox's house is falling down. She recently inherited a Victorian residence in Vineland, ...
  • Book Jacket: Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...
  • Book Jacket: The Boneless Mercies
    The Boneless Mercies
    by April Genevieve Tucholke
    The Mercies are assassins, part of a long tradition of killers who serve to end the suffering of the...
  • Book Jacket: Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen
    Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen
    by Sarah Bird
    Sarah Bird's historical novel, Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen, imagines, with a grand flourish, ...

Code Girls
by Liza Mundy

The riveting story of the USA's courageous and accomplished WWII female American code breakers.

The Kennedy Debutante
    by Kerri Maher

"An engrossing tale of family, faith and love in the life of one remarkable woman." - Booklist

Win Gone So Long

Andre Dubus III's First Novel in a Decade

A masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

G H E Rope A H Will H H