Reader reviews and comments on The Messenger, plus links to write your own review.

The Messenger

by Daniel Silva

The Messenger by Daniel Silva X
The Messenger by Daniel Silva

Jul 2006, 352 pages
    Jul 2007, 500 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Messenger

SandyA

And then I wrote -- the same book all over again
I need to preface my review with this disclaimer: I am a Daniel Silva fan, and have recommended him to other people who like well written mysteries, sympathetic heroes, and creative plots.

HOWEVER, this book by Silva seems identical to several of his others, particularly the one about the pope. By using the same characters, I feel I have already read this book. The only difference between this one and his previous novels, is that this book has none of the freshness, suspense, or the glorious sexiness of Gabriel Alon. It's been tough sledding. Read his other books, and then wait for him to find a new hero -- or heroine?

Sandy

A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance