Reader reviews and comments on The Meaning of Night, plus links to write your own review.

The Meaning of Night

A Confession

by Michael Cox

The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox

Sep 2006, 672 pages
    Oct 2007, 704 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Meaning of Night

Avid Historical Reader (12/28/06)

Intrigue
When this novel began, I thought I was reading another Jack the Ripper, serial killer, confession novel. I was amazingly wrong. This novel is filled with intrigue, horror, pity, love, friendship, betrayal... I could not put this book down. So in tune with the main character, Glyver/Glapthorn/Duport I became, that I felt myself warning him, hating him, loving him, triumphing and crying for him. Michael Cox so perfectly laid out this "confession" complete with footnotes, as if a 3rd party had read every last dark detail. It is truly a novel not to be missed.

• Book Jacket: Salt Houses
    Salt Houses
    by Hala Alyan
    Salt Houses is the story of a Palestinian family living in Nablus; it begins on the eve of the ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of Eddy
    The End of Eddy
    by Edouard Louis
  • Book Jacket: If We Were Villains
    If We Were Villains
    by M L. Rio

Extraordinary Adventures
    by Daniel Wallace

A large-hearted and optimistic novel that is witty, winsome, and wise.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

At times, our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person.

T's A S B Every M