Reader reviews and comments on There Is No Me Without You, plus links to write your own review.

There Is No Me Without You

One Woman's Odyssey to Rescue Her Country's Children

by Melissa Fay Greene

There Is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene

Sep 2006, 352 pages
    Sep 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for There Is No Me Without You

Colin KNAUF

We can't sit on our THUMBS any longer, or it is GENOCIDE.
Melissa Fay Greene's hard hitting journalistic style remains as neutral as possible in this real life horror story and fairy tale. She relates the pain and suffering of AIDS at every level with an amazing compassion and reality. Try as any one might, it is not possible to be neutral about Genocide. Her soft, tender story telling, mixed with pragmatic journalism makes a brave and vibrant read. She tells an amazing story of compassion, tenderness, dedication and sacrifice mixed with horror and greed at the highest level. But above all else she leaves us with HOPE. Hope for the innocent victims of Western Capitalism which created the pandemic in the first place. An unfeeling money machine profiting beyond belief from unregulated pharmaceuticals and their unintended catastrophic result.
   Melissa Fay Greene's heart wrenching story telling is moving and compassionate. Her research and journalism is beyond reproach. Her message is clear. When CEO's paid $186,000 USD salaries, collude with government to thwart the distribution of life saving medicine – IT IS WRONG and it is nothing less than GENOCIDE.
When the cost of drugs at $300/per victim /per year will stop the pandemic in its tracks yet we choose not to, we have to ask why not? So that big Pharma can sell the same drug at $18,000.

"There Is No Me Without You" is a searing book that must be read. Do not attempt to read it without tissues.

If you are not tempted after reading it to sell your iPod or Nike's and send the proceeds to save a life, then you, just may be suffering worse than the children of Africa.
Corrie

If You Only Read 1 Book This Year, Then It Should Be This One!
You have to read this book! We, in the US, are so oblivious to what is going on in other parts of the world, especially Ethiopia. This book will capture your attention from the start and really gets you thinking.

• Book Jacket: The Graybar Hotel