What readers think of Cockeyed, plus links to write your own review.

Cockeyed

Jun 2007, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for Cockeyed

Nany Gordon

I loved this book!
This was a very enlightening book. The author writes about his experience going from seeing to blind as a teenager. He describes driving (something he shouldn't have been doing -- but he was still unaware of how serious his problem was) & ending up in several accidents, his first job (driving a forklift) & nearly running over one of his coworkers) & various other experiences. Because he saw except had several blind spots, becoming aware of his problem took longer. He also talks about dating as a blind man, learning to use a cane (reluctantly, though when he began to use it he discovered it actually gave him more freedom of movement), going overseas to be with his girlfriend as a volunteer teacher (while not letting anyone else know he was blind). His hardest struggle was admitting his limitations, but the truth is besides his eyesight, he is not at all limited.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.25 per month.

The Book Woman's Daughter
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    Kim Michele Richardson's The Book Woman's Daughter follows Honey Lovett, 16-year-old daughter of ...
  • Book Jacket: Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    by Clare Pooley
    For the many years that I've been reading, one realization has always come to mind for me after ...
  • Book Jacket: We Had to Remove This Post
    We Had to Remove This Post
    by Hanna Bervoets
    It's not about money. Kayleigh, the protagonist and narrator of We Had to Remove This Post, a newly ...
  • Book Jacket: River of the Gods
    River of the Gods
    by Candice Millard
    The Nile River has provided vital resources for millennia, serving as a source of water, food and ...

Hamnet
by Maggie O'Farrell
"Of all the stories...about Shakespeare’s life, [Hamnet] is so gorgeously written that it transports you."
The Boston Globe

Members Recommend

One's Company
    by Ashley Hutson

For readers of Ottessa Moshfegh this fearless debut chronicles one woman's escape into a world of obsessive imagination.

Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard

Master storyteller Louis Bayard delivers a surprising portrait of a young Jackie Kennedy as we've never seen her before.

Win This Book!
Win Where the Crawdads Sing

Win a signed copy of Where the Crawdads Sing

In celebration of the movie release on July 15, we have three signed copies to give away.

T O Thing W H T F I F I