Reader reviews and comments on Cockeyed, plus links to write your own review.

Cockeyed

Jun 2007, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for Cockeyed

Nany Gordon (11/23/07)

I loved this book!
This was a very enlightening book. The author writes about his experience going from seeing to blind as a teenager. He describes driving (something he shouldn't have been doing -- but he was still unaware of how serious his problem was) & ending up in several accidents, his first job (driving a forklift) & nearly running over one of his coworkers) & various other experiences. Because he saw except had several blind spots, becoming aware of his problem took longer. He also talks about dating as a blind man, learning to use a cane (reluctantly, though when he began to use it he discovered it actually gave him more freedom of movement), going overseas to be with his girlfriend as a volunteer teacher (while not letting anyone else know he was blind). His hardest struggle was admitting his limitations, but the truth is besides his eyesight, he is not at all limited.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review