Reader reviews and comments on Big Coal, plus links to write your own review.

Big Coal

The Dirty Secret Behind America's Energy Future

by Jeff Goodell

Big Coal by Jeff Goodell

Jun 2006, 352 pages
    Apr 2007, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Big Coal

dpfaef

Turn the light out as you leave the room....
This book was published in 2007 and not a thing that written about in this book has changed in the last eight years. The coal industry has lied and cheated its way into our daily lives and there is not one thing we can do about it.

The power industry does not want to move away from coal because it is cheap and easy. Still yet we see how an industry is running the political discourse of how we generate power in this country. With such political clout as the power companies have we will be a long time in moving away from coal-burning power plants.

I keep hearing that there is no reasonable replacement for fossil fuels but if the energy industry continues to fight for the things as they are we will never get ourselves away from fossil fuels. The next time you see an ad from the energy industry about all they are doing to move toward renewable energy do not be fooled.

The Noise of Time