Reader reviews and comments on Chew on This, plus links to write your own review.

Chew on This

Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food

by Eric Schlosser, Charles W. Wilson

Chew on This by Eric Schlosser, Charles W. Wilson X
Chew on This by Eric Schlosser, Charles W. Wilson

May 2006, 270 pages
    Apr 2007, 320 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Chew on This

popcorn lover 219 (01/20/14)

awesome
I love this book!
anbs (12/07/11)

it is a 5 grade book
You should have written it in a more complicated way.
summerrox1899 (07/30/11)

very interesting
This book was awesome. One of the best books I have read in a while. It had so many interesting facts. I could tell the author put a lot of time and effort into writing it! It was one of those books when you started reading it, you couldn't put it down! I give this book 2 thumbs up!
Roxy or not? (no its not) (01/18/11)

Chew on a great book
This is a great book for your 10-20 Kids and adults. I read this book when I was nine and it was astonishing. I love it, Bugs in strawberry shake eww!
bookworm (01/07/11)

i love it
I got this book from my school. I am in teen living so I got this my teacher loves it I do too. I hope I can get more cool books like this. It is great. ps:I will not eat fast food for a long time !!!!
Kathy Smith (07/19/10)

Great book
This book is amazing! Phil- you are wrong. the Government really does solve all of our problems.

I love this book!
rachel (03/10/10)

loved it!!!!!!!!!
It was amazing! I had to read it in health class and I will never eat fast food again! I had no idea how many chemicals were in my food until now. From now on I will only eat all natural, organic foods.
Phil Johns (05/12/08)

Socialism Disguised as a Children's Book
Like most liberal programs, this author has good intentions when it comes to his desire to have children eating more sensibly. Without a doubt, fast-food is not a good choice as a regular diet for children or adults. Nonetheless, it is a choice each American should be free to make for themselves.

The author consistently shows his liberal bias throughout the book. On numerous occasions, he bashes corporations and praises the efforts of unions. He finally comes out and says all that the government to do (so much for freedom).

Interestingly, he contradicts himself by giving the real solution. Let the marketplace take care of the problem. If people are dissatisfied with fast food, they won't eat it. If people like it, let them eat it. It is not for the government to decide what is "good" for us.

This book would have been great if it would have left the politics out of it. It has eye-opening information about what can happen to your body if you eat too much fast food. Arm people with facts and let them make their own choice.

Unfortunately, this book is like so many others being read in public schools by our children. Many are indoctrinated that the government is the answer. How soon we forget the lessons of history.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta