Reader reviews and comments on Philosophy Made Simple, plus links to write your own review.

Philosophy Made Simple

by Robert Hellenga

Philosophy Made Simple

Mar 2006, 288 pages
    Mar 2007, 304 pages

There is 1 reader review for Philosophy Made Simple

DipStick (02/16/10)

Painfully humorous
I always dream 30 years out. And thirty years out I am Rudy. Author has done a good job composing his thoughts together. It is just a bit fast - with these kind of books I like to soak myself at certain moments - the book in itself did not provide the opportunities when those moments came.

Also, I hate it when authors like to use too many foreign words in English. As a reader I always felt that if the English equivalents of foreign language are used then it will still be the same fun. Hindi being my native language and I did not get any extra thrill despite deep understanding of words like "prem", "badha" etc. I am sure it is frustrating to other readers as well.

Overall - I am not disappointed.

• Book Jacket: The Mothers
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson
  • Book Jacket: Mercury
    by Margot Livesey
    Margot Livesey explores the moneyed suburbs of Boston and creates a modern morality tale chronicling...

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

by Paulette Jiles