Reader reviews and comments on Why Gender Matters, plus links to write your own review.

Why Gender Matters

What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences

by Leonard Sax

Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax

Feb 2005, 320 pages
    Feb 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Why Gender Matters

jkennedy (06/14/08)

Why Gender Matters
Leonard Sax makes an excellent case for why we should respect the biological differences between boys and girls and how we can approach teaching our children about life by using those differences. This should be required reading for all teachers as it might help significantly in classroom management. All too often we are quick to drug our children instead of getting creative about their environment (and it's really shocking how simple it is!). As parents and educators we need to embrace the individuality of our children and celebrate it - instead of ramming a one-size-fits-all methodology for teaching in our classrooms - then we will raise our children to be amazing people.

• Book Jacket: Salt Houses
    Salt Houses
    by Hala Alyan
    Salt Houses is the story of a Palestinian family living in Nablus; it begins on the eve of the ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Extraordinary Adventures
    by Daniel Wallace

A large-hearted and optimistic novel that is witty, winsome, and wise.

The only completely consistent people are the dead

T's A S B Every M