Reader reviews and comments on Holes, plus links to write your own review.

Holes

May 2000, 233 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for Holes

Mich

me holes review!!
I think this is a great novel for children in grades 3 to 6.
Karli

5-Very Good
AWESOME BOOK!!!!! Once I started it I couldn't put it down! It ROCKED!!!!!
Eleanor

My Recommendation
Holes is one of the best books ever! If you haven't read it, go and do it NOW!!!
Jackson

My opinion
This book isn’t a classic cowboy story. It isn’t a teen age drama either. This is a detailed story of a boy who gets him self in a juvenile camp. This author gave this book great detail. All the characters are original and unlike other characters in other books. Some are mean and grumpy. Others are nicer but still unpredictable. In the book the characters act like a normal person their age would. They would make the same choices. The main character is Stanley. He was convicted of a crime he didn’t commit. He had a choice, prison or camp. He chose what any kid would. He chose to go to camp, but he didn’t know that camp was going to be so bad.
Stephen

Holes
The book was great but sometimes the author makes it too complex for a children’s book. But on the other side the author delivered a great message. I even had to read a few parts twice to understand the point. I also liked how the author tied the story together between the two characters.

If I was to give advice on the book I would definately tell every one to read this book. One reason I feel so strongly about this book is because I couldn’t put the book down after I started it. Usually I have to be forced to read books any way. I give this one three thumbs up!!!
Joanna Thirkettle

This book was a very good book. I very much enjoyed reading it. There was a bit of a twist in it well I thought it did! Zero I thought was the twist but I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for any readers! I would definitely recomend this book.
huyen

so good, try to read it
i have read this book 2 times, and i also like the author , mrs.louis sachar, i like every single book of her.
My favorite character was ZERO , he was a nice kid, he almost look like me, being sad
Gaurish Batra

Intriguing
Holes is a unique book with a really intriguing storyline which is told by filling in holes and giving small clues about the main character ,Stanley and his ancestors. The author jumps through time and tells stories about the predecessors while not disturbing the ongoing storyline. The story grows on you and you really can't resist completing it in one go.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes