Reader reviews and comments on Holes, plus links to write your own review.

Holes

by Louis Sachar

Holes by Louis Sachar

Sep 1998, 233 pages
    May 2000, 233 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for Holes

Gaurish Batra (02/21/17)

Intriguing
Holes is a unique book with a really intriguing storyline which is told by filling in holes and giving small clues about the main character ,Stanley and his ancestors. The author jumps through time and tells stories about the predecessors while not disturbing the ongoing storyline. The story grows on you and you really can't resist completing it in one go.
Power Reviewer Louise J (04/04/12)

Lots of Action!
This was a cute story for kids. Stanley Yelnats is accused of stealing a pair of running shoes donated to a homeless shelter to raise money to fund the program, however, Stanley is truly innocent but the judge doesn’t believe him. He is sentenced to 18 months at Camp Green Lake where he is forced to dig holes under the blazing hot sun every single day including Saturday and Sunday. The holes must be exactly five feet wide and five feet deep.

Each kid at Camp Green Lake is given a camp name and Stanley’s is ‘Caveman’. He hates digging holes and soon winds up looking for his friend ‘Zero’ after he storms out of camp into the barren lands. What they find might surprise you.

All round cute story that was darkly humorous with lots of action and adventure. Your kids will love it!
lou x (06/13/11)

holes-lewis sachar
I thought it is and was a very good book we are reading it in our English lesson and now writing Stanley's diary from the book. We haven't yet finished it but so far it is good. I don't get the part with the pig. I don't know how that is related. It confused me that bit and we had to act it out in class. Overall a very good book!
Cindy (12/31/10)

Holes
This book holes by Louis Sachar is a good book. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I felt that there were some parts that were repeated and its kind of confusing. I would recommend this book from ages 9 and up since it actually helps you understand more. I rated this book a 4 because of some parts. Yes it was a good book but those parts were the ones that the book made me rate it lower. If it didn't have those parts and went slowly, I would have loved it. :)
Mich (12/14/10)

me holes review!!
I think this is a great novel for children in grades 3 to 6.
Karli (09/25/09)

5-Very Good
AWESOME BOOK!!!!! Once I started it I couldn't put it down! It ROCKED!!!!!
Eleanor (03/15/09)

My Recommendation
Holes is one of the best books ever! If you haven't read it, go and do it NOW!!!
Elizabeth mills (02/23/09)

A Classic Story
If you like mystery this is the book for you. If you like adventure this is the book for you. Before I had stated to read this book I personally thought I was not going to like it until I got into it.

Discover your next great read here

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

Y S M B, I'll S Y