Reader reviews and comments on Holes, plus links to write your own review.

Holes

May 2000, 233 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for Holes

Mich

me holes review!!
I think this is a great novel for children in grades 3 to 6.
Karli

5-Very Good
AWESOME BOOK!!!!! Once I started it I couldn't put it down! It ROCKED!!!!!
Eleanor

My Recommendation
Holes is one of the best books ever! If you haven't read it, go and do it NOW!!!
Jackson

My opinion
This book isn’t a classic cowboy story. It isn’t a teen age drama either. This is a detailed story of a boy who gets him self in a juvenile camp. This author gave this book great detail. All the characters are original and unlike other characters in other books. Some are mean and grumpy. Others are nicer but still unpredictable. In the book the characters act like a normal person their age would. They would make the same choices. The main character is Stanley. He was convicted of a crime he didn’t commit. He had a choice, prison or camp. He chose what any kid would. He chose to go to camp, but he didn’t know that camp was going to be so bad.
Stephen

Holes
The book was great but sometimes the author makes it too complex for a children’s book. But on the other side the author delivered a great message. I even had to read a few parts twice to understand the point. I also liked how the author tied the story together between the two characters.

If I was to give advice on the book I would definately tell every one to read this book. One reason I feel so strongly about this book is because I couldn’t put the book down after I started it. Usually I have to be forced to read books any way. I give this one three thumbs up!!!
Joanna Thirkettle

This book was a very good book. I very much enjoyed reading it. There was a bit of a twist in it well I thought it did! Zero I thought was the twist but I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for any readers! I would definitely recomend this book.
huyen

so good, try to read it
i have read this book 2 times, and i also like the author , mrs.louis sachar, i like every single book of her.
My favorite character was ZERO , he was a nice kid, he almost look like me, being sad
Gaurish Batra

Intriguing
Holes is a unique book with a really intriguing storyline which is told by filling in holes and giving small clues about the main character ,Stanley and his ancestors. The author jumps through time and tells stories about the predecessors while not disturbing the ongoing storyline. The story grows on you and you really can't resist completing it in one go.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!