Reader reviews and comments on Intuition, plus links to write your own review.

Intuition

Mar 2007, 448 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Intuition

oroboros

Science
It's not so much that I liked the characters in this book or even that I cared about them, but that they were fascinating. I especially liked Jacob, the former child prodigy, who changed his focus from his own success to his wife's. Everyone just gives him up for 'normal,' but Goodman makes it clear that he is every bit the genius he used to be.

The other characters are all intricately crafted. Since intricately crafting characters takes time, the mystery and 'action' of the story is more subtle. The reader wants to find out what happens and reach the 'revealing climax,' that is so common in books, but that is not what makes the story enjoyable, and the climax is not a peak, but a little hill that you almost miss. The social interactions of the characters and the layers of history revealed for each character give the book it richness. But you need some patience to enjoy it.
anonymous

Book was good, but dry. Ending is rushed.
The book had good parts, but much of the book goes at too slow a pace and has a lot of information that does not move the story forward. However, at the end, this reverses and the ending is rushed.
Dorothy

do not buy this book
I read the great reviews when I got the book and I do not know why people were raving about this book. This book was boring, plain and simple. I actually was not interested in finishing it because I did not care about these characters.

• Book Jacket: And The Ocean Was Our Sky
    An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
    by Hank Green

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance