Reader reviews and comments on Arthur & George, plus links to write your own review.

Arthur & George

Dec 2006, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Arthur & George

Roger Oldfield

Arthur and George: the truth
It's a very fine novel. As an expert on the Edalji family, though, I spent the whole time thinking about the extent to which it reflects the historical record. There are points at which it departs deliberately from actual events, and there are points at which there are (I think) unwitting distortions and mistakes. For a critique of the book in these terms, as well as a comprehensive account of George Edalji's case, see my 'Outrage: The Edalji Five and the Shadow of Sherlock Holmes'.
bob

Amazing historical fiction
If you enjoy historical fiction or mysteries you should enjoy this book.
This is an interesting story and well written. Mr Barnes' ability to move back and forth between 'Arthur' and 'George' is remarkable---the nuances of personality that he is able to convey are amazing. His ability to create a work of fiction from an historical story and setting is excellent. That being said, although some of the last section of the book is interesting, it weakens the overall story for me...but not enough to lessen my recommendation for a 'good read.'

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
    Driving Miss Norma
    by Ramie Liddle, Tim Bauerschmidt

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E