Reader reviews and comments on Criss Cross, plus links to write your own review.

by Lynne Rae Perkins

Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins X
Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins

Sep 2005, 368 pages
    Jan 2008, 368 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Criss Cross

Mystery Student (11/08/11)

Criss Cross
I thought this book was very good. It really showed the character a lot but I was very confused in the beginning. I still love it though!
Liz M. (04/23/11)

My favorite book EVER!
Out of all the books I've read, this one is my favorite. This book mainly about two characters, Debbie and Hector, and how they change through the course of one summer.The switching points of views give different opinions on the same thing or moment. Every single one of the characters you can relate to. I've read this book about 15 times and every time I read it, I find something I didn't remember or seemed to skip over. All in all, I really suggest this book to anyone and everyone.
Student19 (03/25/11)

Criss Cross Overview
I didn't understand what the plot was supposed be. I didn't understand the meaning of the book. Criss Cross is supposed to be about finding love? I searched only and a reliable source said it was about searching for love. I mean, I get the fact that Debbie and Hector are trying to find love with certain characters, but is that really the main focus? The main focus seems like it is ordinary, regular everyday life. I don't understand Lynne Rae Perkins at all. How did it possibly get the Newberry Medal Award?
susie (11/28/10)

alright
I thought this book was okay. I mean I am 14 years old, and I think the hardest part about this book was finding the plot. I mean the only reason why I read it was because I had to read it for school, but I was just very confused at first because I have to explain a plot, and I can't explain it because it really doesn't have one. But it was filled with girl stuff which I liked.
sdfsfsf (02/03/10)

Criss Cross
This book is amazing! :-)
Rboo (11/26/09)

criss cross
This book is one of my favorites because the feelings the characters have are feelings you can relate to. Like say you like someone and they like you to, you get to know this person but they go away, possibly you can never see them again but your mother does not relate she just feels you'll get over it. If you have no one to relate to read this book.
BRUCIE (10/04/09)

Changing
The book Criss Cross is a good book for teenagers who like a book that switches from one person to another, sometimes without changing the chapter. It's fast moving, but dreamy and calm all in one! I thought this book was great because it kinda keeps you on your toes.
Lexi (06/09/09)

Criss Cross
I like this book. Sure it was confusing at first but it made me think a lot and it was fairly good. I like the different perspectives. It was confusing to most people I think because it was different people most of the time. But it was like that because at the end they crossed paths. It's the WHOLE point of the book - to show how different people can be, and end up crossing paths.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S