Reader reviews and comments on Children Are From Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

Children Are From Heaven

Positive Parenting Skills for Raising Cooperative, Confident, and Compassionate Children

by John Gray

Children Are From Heaven by John Gray X
Children Are From Heaven by John Gray

Aug 1999, 255 pages
    Jan 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Children Are From Heaven

Tamara Miranda

By learning my child's temperament through this book, I have been able to better deal with my child's tatrums. What I thought was disobedience is actually just a characteristic of her temperament. I learn that redirection is the key to dealing with a responsive child, and IT REALLY WORKS! Children are defenitly a gift from God.
Danielle Mathias

Hello.I am a mother of two.I have a 9 yr. old son and a 7 yr. old daughter.My husband and I both were raised very old fashioned.Meaning alot of spanking,yelling and punishing. We chose right from our first child to not spank. We learned so much from John's book. Our son is always wanting to do the opposite of what he's asked and this book has helped us understand so much about his behavior. I only wish you had given a little more information on how to not punish if the child continuosly does the opposite. If all of your ideas are applied and still no results.
Susan Mirshkoff

Thought this book was very insightful... however, I found the advice given to be a little too general. Every child will react differently too any given situation, that is why there is no instruction manual for parenting... for a parent to get discouraged because the advice given in this book was too general seems very likely to me.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!