Reader reviews and comments on Teacher Man, plus links to write your own review.

Teacher Man

Sep 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Teacher Man

johnnyo

Another Fun Read!!
Another very good book from Mr. McCourt, I was really touched with the last few chapters of the book.
Delfi

The art of teaching
I would have traveled to the States only and exclusively to talk to him personally. I'm studying to become a teacher.His voice would have sounded like angels singing from heaven to me! I will miss him!
Jackson Rine

Great book
This book was amazing. I literally got through it in a week because it was page turning.
Kathryn

A Different McCort!
Don't be put off reading McCort's Teacher Man because you didn't care for his other books. Although his melancholy nature comes through in the telling of his own teaching career, this book is an uplifting tale about what life in his classroom was like. Oh, if only all teachers could be so awesome! For me, it was one of those books I hated to see end. This McCort book has earned a permanent place on my book shelf.
Kirconnell

A Teacher's Life
This is a wonderful book. It is warm, funny, sometimes in your face, and so beautiful honest. It is a glowing tribute to teachers everywhere and puts focus on a difficult job that often goes unappreciated. Read it. You won't be sorry.

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund