Reader reviews and comments on John Glenn, plus links to write your own review.

John Glenn

A Memoir

by John Glenn, Nick Taylor

John Glenn by John Glenn, Nick Taylor

Nov 1999, 422 pages
    Oct 2000, 576 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for John Glenn

Mark_Bledsoe (03/04/04)

An entertaing read about a true American hero.

Nick
Hello to all my Astronaut fans. This is a good good book. Not great , as the ones done by Deke Slayton, Jim Lovell, and Mike Collins.
Glenn...was a good pilot. To me however he was not a great astronaut...despite the amount of effort he put into the training for Mercury.
John as I have seen, and as many have u seen.. goes on an ego trip. He thinks he is the best. DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Brenda Castor Higgins
I am from John Glenn's hometown, New Concord, OH. John's wife, Annie, is my father's first cousin. Since I know both John & Annie I naturally wanted to read his book. I found it extremely interesting and in-depth. It is a very inspiring book about a rare and extraordinary man. He is definitely one of a kind. Everyone should read this. It is also a lesson in history -but never boring. Even if I didn't know him personally I would think the same way about his book.

Deneese
This is an incredible book about an incredible man! Senator Glenn gives personal details that make me admire and respect him even more than I already did. He gives wonderful "inside information" about the NASA programs he was involved in. Some people might be bores, but if you're reading this book, you are probably a "space junkie" like me. I reveled in the details. I like knowing exactly what went on. Senator Glenn doesn't try to pretty it up either. He tells it like it is. I find his pride in America to be inspiring; his loyalty to his wife and family to be refreshing; and his commitment to his God to be admirable. I found myself tearing up while reading this. There were tears of pride and admiration!! I also found myself laughing!! I enjoyed the sense of humor that Senator Glenn used in telling some of the stories. This isn't a typical autobiography. He doesn't tell his story. It reads as if he is sitting there talking to you while reminiscing about his life! For anyone who has any interest in the space program, or just wants to read an inspiring book, I highly recommend this one.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T's A S B Every M