Reader reviews and comments on The Highest Tide, plus links to write your own review.

The Highest Tide

by Jim Lynch

The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch X
The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch

Sep 2005, 272 pages
    Apr 2006, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Highest Tide

Melissa

Makes me want to dig for clams
I listened to this book on audio and loved the author's passion for the sea. I've always loved going to the beach, but don't like going in the water for fear of something slimy brushing up against me. This book made me excited about things like squid and worms and clams and all kinds of things which normally give me the willies! I don't think I will run out and become a marine biologist, but wow! the power of writing to make me even enjoy hearing about such slimy creatures! Even more, I have a new found respect for the water, the beach and the creatures who call it home.
I admire an author who can lasso his/her passion enough to be able to put it down into words; and Lynch put his into beautiful prose that made me smile and laugh and made me schedule my vacation to the shore immediately!

• Book Jacket: An American Summer
    An American Summer
    by Alex Kotlowitz
    As a Chicagoan, I've become used to the most common reactions when I'm traveling and tell someone ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sun Is a Compass
    The Sun Is a Compass
    by Caroline Van Hemert
    Caroline Van Hemert fell in love with her future husband, Pat, in 2001, discovering they shared a ...
  • Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Courting Mr. Lincoln
    by Louis Bayard

A master storyteller at the height of his powers, delivers a page-turning tale of love, longing, and forbidden possibilities.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Women Rowing North

The instant New York Times bestseller

A guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age.

A B Penny A T U