Reader reviews and comments on The Highest Tide, plus links to write your own review.

The Highest Tide

by Jim Lynch

The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch

Sep 2005, 272 pages
    Apr 2006, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Highest Tide

Power Reviewer Melissa (09/20/06)

Makes me want to dig for clams
I listened to this book on audio and loved the author's passion for the sea. I've always loved going to the beach, but don't like going in the water for fear of something slimy brushing up against me. This book made me excited about things like squid and worms and clams and all kinds of things which normally give me the willies! I don't think I will run out and become a marine biologist, but wow! the power of writing to make me even enjoy hearing about such slimy creatures! Even more, I have a new found respect for the water, the beach and the creatures who call it home.
I admire an author who can lasso his/her passion enough to be able to put it down into words; and Lynch put his into beautiful prose that made me smile and laugh and made me schedule my vacation to the shore immediately!

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

The low brow and the high brow

O My D B