Reader reviews and comments on Pomegranate Soup, plus links to write your own review.

Pomegranate Soup

Sep 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Pomegranate Soup

Kay

Great Little Book
This was a facinationg story of three sisters from Iran who open a cafe in a tiny town in Ireland. The characters come alive and are people you would find in your own neighborhood.

I found most interesting and fun, the recipes that are included at the start of each chapter. The chapter unfolds around the specific recipe in a fun and heart warming way.

Reading this book is like sitting in the Babylon Cafe, drinking a nice cup of mint tea and watching the story unfold around you.

I hope to read more by Ms. Mehran. Pick this one up, you will not be disappointed.
Sarah T

A tried and tested recipe
This book's formula is not original, it is exactly the same as Chocolat. However, it is a good format that delivers an enjoyable and unchallenging read. The addition of recipes adds cultural colour and interest, and it taps into our love and longing for home and childhood through food. If you love your mother or grandmother's cooking then you'll get the sentiment behind this book.

• Book Jacket: A Ladder to the Sky
    A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne
    Of our 44 First Impression readers, 32 gave A Ladder to the Sky a four- or five-star review for an ...
  • Book Jacket: In Extremis
    And The Ocean Was Our Sky
    by Patrick Ness

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance