Reader reviews and comments on The People of Sparks, plus links to write your own review.

Sequel to The City of Embers

Apr 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The People of Sparks

Lisa

LOVE IT!!
This second book left me with my jaw open. So amazing.
Lillya

The People Of Sparks
By far one of the best books I"ve ever read. It's so full of detail.
iiunicornii

The People of Sparks
The book is REMARKABLE!!! Especially the series itself.
Just start from the first book and build yourself up into this well-thought out book. BRILLANT!:)
Vanessa

Then People of Sparks
I think this book is a great book for all ages. I read The City of Ember and it was pretty good. Then I found out there were more so I bought The People of Sparks and it's better then the first.
Justin

Five Star Recommendation
I chose to read "The City of Ember" for a short literary analysis essay at school and I loved it. So naturally when I found out that there were two other books in the series that had also been published I bought both of them and started reading. In the novel "The People of Sparks" it was nice that Duprau did not have to use as much descriptive language as she did in her first installment. It made sense that since the world in which the characters were now experiencing was our world, with some changes, mild description would suffice. The beginning was engrossing and a good way to start the book. Though whether this was because of how the perspective was changed or because I was just excited to read the second book is debatable. The middle became slow in parts, but this is understandable considering character development and plot building. The climax was excellent; not so nearly desperate as the climax in "The City of Ember", but definitely worth the read. I loved this book along with its predecessor, and having also read "The Prophet of Yonwood" I cannot wait for the final installment. I'd recommend this book to anyone who loves good character development and post-apocalyptic novels.
Miles

Awesome book
Not as good as the first but, still a very good sequel to one of the best books I have ever read and the ending is kind of a cliffhanger so they are making a new book in the fall it is coming out and anyone who has read book 1 needs to read the whole series I just loved this book and the middle was a little boring It didn't have a lot of detail but, most important was the great beginning in the end I am going to read the third book because I just finished one and two read both those books
kaisha

Amazing
I think this is a great book to read!!!
Joe

The People of Sparks
This book is an excellent book for all ages. The descriptive writing and paste of this book is great. I read it and couldn't put it down. It is not to violent our gory. It was just right. I wanted tot see a little more action in the beginning but other than that this book is great!

• Book Jacket: An American Summer
    An American Summer
    by Alex Kotlowitz
    As a Chicagoan, I've become used to the most common reactions when I'm traveling and tell someone ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sun Is a Compass
    The Sun Is a Compass
    by Caroline Van Hemert
    Caroline Van Hemert fell in love with her future husband, Pat, in 2001, discovering they shared a ...
  • Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...

Courting Mr. Lincoln
    by Louis Bayard

A master storyteller at the height of his powers, delivers a page-turning tale of love, longing, and forbidden possibilities.

D-Day Girls
    by Sarah Rose

The dramatic story of the extraordinary women recruited by Britain's elite spy agency to help pave the way for Allied victory.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Women Rowing North

The instant New York Times bestseller

A guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age.

A B Penny A T U