MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, plus links to write your own review.

Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception

by Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception

May 2005, 352 pages
    Apr 2006, 352 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception

jester (07/29/13)

artemis fowl: the opal deception
You may get confused by this book but that's the point. The author gets you confused, then he'll throw a surprise at you, which makes it good book. This book is more on the side of fiction and fairy tales which is personally my favorite because it mixes real life conundrums with the fables that change throughout - countries like Ireland has leprechauns, America has, well that's about it, but still I think my point got through.
andy (11/15/09)

leaves you hangn'
Step by step. It will leave you hanging every turn, every action, every chapter. even the end wanted me to read the next book. The epilogue especially left me hanging.
Joshua B (06/03/08)

Spectacular series
When you read the series you become attached to all the characters and no matter what age you are, you WILL enjoy this fabulous series! I am in grade 11 and I absolutely love the series and its only getting better. I can't wait to read Colfers other books. I give this book 2 thumbs WAY WAY UP!!!
Peter. J. J Maxwell (02/10/08)

Not the Best
Eoin Colfer is a very competent author and extremely good at what he does, he may not be as good as the legends such as Tolkein or Modesitt Jr but this novel is a fast-paced work of fictional genius
steph. (11/08/07)

artemis fowl
This book was horrible it was really hard to follow and was not very interesting. It did not make me want to keep reading it was making me want to fall ASLEEP!
Commander Root (01/17/07)

Opal Deception
I love this book I first got started in them when we went to Fairfield mountains for our vacation, we listened to The Lost Colony on sound recording, it is a good book, along with the other Artemis Fowl books. Trust me this book is worth it's money!!!
Lola (01/14/07)

Artemis Fowl Opal Deception
I love this book because it gives me a feeling no other book has.
ACE WITH A MACE (12/03/06)

Best book written
This book was the best book written!! It has many artistical features encrypted in the writing and it has a mystical characteristic to it. It was mind blowing!! Keep the books coming!!!

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun