Reader reviews and comments on In The Shadow of The Law, plus links to write your own review.

In The Shadow of The Law

Jun 2006, 464 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for In The Shadow of The Law

dave hayes

great characters
This is a very good but not easy read. Unlike other legal novels, you can't skim through it, nor does it have one single hero type main character. The book has several main and well defined characters who are interesting and human. I recommend this book.
Debra

Dense!
I could not get through this book. It reads like a textbook on the law. I would not recommend it to anyone for pleasure...maybe a lawyer, but it does not paint lawyers or firms in a good light.

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
Fly Girls
by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U