Reader reviews and comments on Autobiography of a Face, plus links to write your own review.

Autobiography of a Face

by Lucy Grealy

Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy

Sep 1994, 223 pages
    Mar 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Autobiography of a Face

Jeriah Smith (09/19/12)

Autobiography of a face
I'm a freshman in English 1 and our class had to read the book and it's a very true story and every one should read this.
jashawna perry (05/20/10)

summary
This book was about a women named Lucy Grealy. When she was nine years old and had a very bad cancer called Ewing sarcoma. When she grew up she was taunted by all her classmates and people who really didn't even know her at all so she went through life trying to face her fears and going out into the real world and not being afraid to show whats wrong with her.
ERIC bISHOP (03/09/09)

Eric
I think autobiography of a face is very interesting. A child that finds out that she has cancer and has to continue life with a disfigured face is something scary that you have to deal with and think about a lot. Living as a women that has to go through chemotherapy for five years and fifteen years of just not feeling a part of, or fitting into, society is something sad to go through. You have to be tough and strong-minded to ever surpassed these types of obstacles. I feel that this book is very guiding for readers that have similar problems.
Hiral (09/27/07)

Life about Growing up
This is an outstanding memoir of cancer survivor from age 9 through adulthood and how she dealt with her disfigurement after having half her jaw removed. Very well told. Now I need to find Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchet, the epilogue to this story about Lucy Greely. This book is a truly wonderful read a testimony to the resilience of the human spirit and like me, if you happen to be interested in the field of medicine, there is a lot of information here about hospitals in general and plastic surgery procedures. You should read it, I mean I just love it.
English Student (08/14/07)

Great Book
I am a sophomore English student and we had to read this book for class - I really enjoyed it - it's a book everyone needs to read
Madison Hull (11/15/06)

Awesome
This book was one of the best books I've read. Everyone should read this book.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Life is the garment we continually alter, but which never seems to fit.

O My D B