Reader reviews and comments on Rules for Old Men Waiting, plus links to write your own review.

by Peter R. Pouncey

Apr 2005, 224 pages
    Jun 2006, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for Rules for Old Men Waiting

San Antonio Reader (10/14/09)

Rules for Old Men Waiting
This book is for the discriminating reader who enjoys exquisitely written, softly beautiful prose, and who does not require an action-packed plot to appreciate a book. The subject is not upbeat, and yet the reader has a sense of sober satisfaction at the end, somehow. What transpires in the novel appeals almost entirely to one's intellect, but the story and the story within the story are emotionally rich as well. This was one of my top five reads for last year, and makes my top thirty or forty life-time favorites as well. I found this gem while sorting through used books for a library fund raiser and consider it a lucky find, a rare treasure.

The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
    In the Country of Men
    by Hisham Matar
  • Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    Holding Up the Universe
    by Jennifer Niven

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: