Reader reviews and comments on Rules for Old Men Waiting, plus links to write your own review.

Rules for Old Men Waiting

Jun 2006, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for Rules for Old Men Waiting

San Antonio Reader

Rules for Old Men Waiting
This book is for the discriminating reader who enjoys exquisitely written, softly beautiful prose, and who does not require an action-packed plot to appreciate a book. The subject is not upbeat, and yet the reader has a sense of sober satisfaction at the end, somehow. What transpires in the novel appeals almost entirely to one's intellect, but the story and the story within the story are emotionally rich as well. This was one of my top five reads for last year, and makes my top thirty or forty life-time favorites as well. I found this gem while sorting through used books for a library fund raiser and consider it a lucky find, a rare treasure.

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance