Reader reviews and comments on Saturday, plus links to write your own review.

Saturday

by Ian McEwan

Saturday by Ian McEwan

Mar 2005, 304 pages
    Apr 2006, 304 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Saturday

Velma

A Master of Writing
Masterful writing! I do not believe that I would have finished this book if it had been written by a less skilled writer. McEwan draws you into an ordinary day for an imaginary character and makes it real. This book would be a real joy for any aspiring writer to study.
Leonard Browne

24 - London style
With every page read we are drawn deeper into the life and world of neurologist Henry Perowne, as Ian McEwan reveals as he penetrates the mind and inner workings of his main character. A highly successful surgeon, with a family he loves dearly, Henry's weekly day of leisure turns out to be anything but. Set in the early months of 2003, on the day of mass anti-war protests in London, McEwan creates a whole life by way of memories reflections and interactions. I found the story compelling, mainly because of the author's ability to write in great detail about the minutae of Perowne's job or family or uncertainties in such a way as to have me almost always reading something that was both informative and believable. What we get is a profound insight into the creative -but sometimes destructive-tensions between a man and his environment, where once- held certainties are increasingly challenged, and what really matters in Perowne's life is underscored.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Blind
    The Blind
    by A.F. Brady
    In The Blind, A. F. Brady, a licensed psychotherapist, takes readers inside a residential ...
  • Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic
    The Rules of Magic
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me
    Good Me Bad Me
    by Ali Land

To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin

This love story set against the construction of the Eiffel Tower is "vibrant and transportive." (Bustle)

Seven Days of Us
    by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F