Reader reviews and comments on The Forgotten Man, plus links to write your own review.

The Forgotten Man

by Robert Crais

The Forgotten Man by Robert Crais

Feb 2005, 352 pages
    Jan 2006, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Forgotten Man

Laramie

My credentials as a reviewer are strictly amateur level. I enjoy detective genre books from several authors, Hammett, Chandler, John D. McDonald, Robert B. Parker and Sue Grafton. After reading each of this authors books at least twice, I consider Robert Crais' work on a par in quality with his predecessors even though he does not have their body of work yet. I rated it a '3' based on comparison to Crais' other work not to any or all other works of fiction. The Forgotten Man held great promise and I eagerly anticipated it's arrival but I felt it did not deliver in the same manner as Mr. Crais other novels(Cole or other). The idea behind the storyline was very good and original. It was told well throughout although Crais' ending did not surprise, delight or deliver on the build up of the rest of thestory. I liked it just fine thank you but it was not in the category of The Monkey's Raincoat, The Last Detective, or my personal favorite, L.A. Requiem. Still worth the read with one final caveat which has nothing to do with Mr. Crais: The pages were printed on paper so thin I could read the next page without turning to it. That was most unexpected and distracting. I love the work of Crais and his creations Cole and Pike. They've just had better adventures together.

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F