Reader reviews and comments on The Society of Others, plus links to write your own review.

The Society of Others

Jan 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Society of Others

Milton Laene Araujo

A MIND OPENER
The Society of Others strangelly opens our mind into realism and existentialism. It is written with such a simplicity, yet it intrigues our knowledge because William Nicholson give us a spy tale and a mystical fable taking us into a journey with no destination, but self discovering. I love the other works of this author, and this book has just proven that he can induce us to think about a society we belong to, but we do not want to be a part of it. I loved it!!!
sombre

Excellent Book
I loved this book, it is so contemporary. In a post-religion, post-feminist, post-Marxist, post-political world people are striving for meaning. The author embraces all this and still leaves us optimistic.

Well written and pacy. Flags a little at the end but I'm sure will reward with a re-read.

• Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak