Reader reviews and comments on The Ninth Life of Louis Drax, plus links to write your own review.

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

by Liz Jensen

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen X
The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen

Jan 2005, 240 pages
    Jan 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

Louis Drax is a good read
I started this book and put it down, finding the manner in which Louis was talking at first, very offensive. I decided to give it another try, and I was glad I did. Although I was able to guess at the climax, because of the foreshadowing, there were some interesting twists to the story that made it compelling. I thought the writing quite good and the change in narrator rather inventive. Overall, it was unlike anything I had read recently and I found it refreshing.

It might deserve a 3.65
Overall, this book really wasn't bad. I just wish that it had a better ending. At first I was very interested in the characters, and really enjoyed the the writing, but toward the end I couldn't have cared much less. Louis starts to take a backseat to the other characters, and I think that that's where she went wrong. It really got all too fluffy, and if I had to read anymore of the doc's rambles, I thought I was going to loose my mind.

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple

Sometimes I Lie
    by Alice Feeney

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony