Reader reviews and comments on Valley of Bones, plus links to write your own review.

Valley of Bones

by Michael Gruber

Valley of Bones by Michael Gruber

Jan 2005, 448 pages
    Feb 2006, 432 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Valley of Bones

Erin

This was a fairly good story with a nicely driving plot. The author manages to drive attention and still keep the reader guessing throughout the story. The detail is well done and researched. Overall, a great tale.
mary

A disappointment
I loved all Gruber's previous books, but found this one less than enthralling. It needs editing - it's way too long without adding much to the story. I found my attention wandering as he jumps from character to character or gets overly involved in descriptions of bookbinding or ciphers or such. I didn't find the characters particularly interesting and by halfway through the book I didn't much care what happened to them. All in all, it's decent but a comedown for him. Has fame gone to his head?

• Book Jacket: Hunger