MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Ha-Ha, plus links to write your own review.

The Ha-Ha

Mar 2006, 368 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Ha-Ha

Chad

Excellent! A Must Read!
Best book I've read in months. I would compare it favorably to The Memory of Running. It's not always happy or neat and tidy, but I think that King does a great job of trying to relay what it would be like to be unable to communicate effectively with the outside world. Highly recommended.
Louise

A wonderfully rewarding read
Contraray to the other review, I loved this book to the point I would save each chapter until I could really appreciate it. It is a wonderfully warm, funny as well as sad glimpse at the life of someone that has very limited communication skills, but is still able to build a very special relationship with a young boy that is both rewarding and challenging, thereby showing we can always overcome our limitations. Dave King illustrates though minute and extermely insightful detail the complexities of human nature with a very positive and endearing overtone. Overall all a wonderfully rewarding read and a fantastic first novel.
a dooling

I hated this "nothing much goes on" book. Further, it was quite depressing. Nothing gets resolved and there was miles of room for providing some character depth of characters like Nit and Nat and even the cook. His reminising about Mom and Dad tore up my heart and I find that a very unpleasant and unnecessary trait in a book where that is not essential to the, in this case, limp plot.
Noones life improves and noone even mentally vows to try harder. This book wasted a week of reading time for me.

• Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I