Reader reviews and comments on Baker Towers, plus links to write your own review.

Baker Towers

by Jennifer Haigh

Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh

Jan 2005, 352 pages
    Dec 2005, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Baker Towers

Power Reviewer Suzanne (06/28/12)

A family...
The book takes place after WWII in Bakerton, Pennsylvania, a mining town. The Italian and Polish immigrant miners live within the company confines without much of a future. The Towers are two huge piles of mine waste that play a part in the background of the town’s story. We follow the five children of deceased Stanley Novak and his widow, Rose. The family comes and goes during the three decades of the story, each returning to the home periodically, some staying and a few living away.

I liked the book. Much is going on, yet the series of events are separate, holding interest until the very end.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

When I get a little money I buy books...

Y S M B, I'll S Y