What readers think of Queen of Dreams, plus links to write your own review.

Queen of Dreams

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Queen of Dreams by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni X
Queen of Dreams by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Sep 2004, 352 pages

Oct 2005, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Queen of Dreams

in-love-with-literature

As with all her books, Divakaruni has written this book in a style that's worth reading. The imagery and subtle symbolisms are striking. The topic is not a very realistic one, but the book is strewn with truths to which every human can relate. Reading about the mother-daughter relationship pulls at one's heartstrings as the daughter yearns to understand her mother and to establish a bond that is wanting in many ways. It is a book one will find hard to put down.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.25 per month.

The Book Woman's Daughter
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    Kim Michele Richardson's The Book Woman's Daughter follows Honey Lovett, 16-year-old daughter of ...
  • Book Jacket: Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    by Clare Pooley
    For the many years that I've been reading, one realization has always come to mind for me after ...
  • Book Jacket: We Had to Remove This Post
    We Had to Remove This Post
    by Hanna Bervoets
    It's not about money. Kayleigh, the protagonist and narrator of We Had to Remove This Post, a newly ...
  • Book Jacket: River of the Gods
    River of the Gods
    by Candice Millard
    The Nile River has provided vital resources for millennia, serving as a source of water, food and ...

Hamnet
by Maggie O'Farrell
"Of all the stories...about Shakespeare’s life, [Hamnet] is so gorgeously written that it transports you."
The Boston Globe

Members Recommend

Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard

Master storyteller Louis Bayard delivers a surprising portrait of a young Jackie Kennedy as we've never seen her before.

Daughters of the Flower Fragrant Garden
    by Zhuqing Li

A beautifully woven family memoir that coalesces into a vivid history of two very different Chinas.

Win This Book!
Win Where the Crawdads Sing

Win a signed copy of Where the Crawdads Sing

In celebration of the movie release on July 15, we have three signed copies to give away.

T O Thing W H T F I F I