Reader reviews and comments on The Children's War, plus links to write your own review.

The Children's War

by Monique Charlesworth

The Children's War by Monique Charlesworth X
The Children's War by Monique Charlesworth

Sep 2004, 384 pages
    Sep 2005, 384 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Children's War

kenneth love

the book with the o.k ending
The Children's War is one of those books that is hard to put down. The lives of the two children protagonists intersect in so many ways throughout the story but they are on opposite sides of the great divide of war. The descriptions of the conditions they both endure are real and believable. The reader is right there. This is not a happy book but it is a page turner.
Emily Cole

• Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!