Reader reviews and comments on The Know-It-All, plus links to write your own review.

The Know-It-All

One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World

by A. J. Jacobs

The Know-It-All by A. J. Jacobs X
The Know-It-All by A. J. Jacobs

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Oct 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Know-It-All

i find this book very interesting to read. it's not ordinary novels or stories that we are all fameliar with, the short stories about his life are extremely funny.

I really loved this book! I think it has to be the best light read I've come across in a long time, if not ever. Every time I picked it up, it put a smile on my face. I even started reading only a couple of pages at a time, because I didn't want it to end. Basically, if it sounds at all interesting to you, read it.

This is really one of the best books I've read in a long time! It really is laugh-out loud funny but oh, so educational. It's the "good parts" version of the Encylopedia Britannica with witty real-life commentary thrown in.

Hysterically funny and still educational; intellectual and yet deeply pragmatic; capable of citing both Real World and Renoir without seeming to favor one over the other. I enjoyed everything about the book. Great for people who like, as A.J. would put it, "both Homers" -- Simpson and the "blind poet."

While I found this book interesting and the concept worthy of my attention; the spelling errors were distracting. I may have committed some grammatical errors in this review, but I am not a professional writer. My point is that a book by a writer celebrating knowledge and the pursuit of it should at least be edited for spelling errors.

For example: It only took me a few seconds to copy the above paragraph into a word processor and find that I had spelled a word wrong. I fixed it; the editor for this book should have done the same. Even the general guidelines for this review suggest proper spelling.

Chad Mullins