Reader reviews and comments on The Know-It-All, plus links to write your own review.

The Know-It-All

One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World

by A. J. Jacobs

The Know-It-All by A. J. Jacobs

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Oct 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Know-It-All

jiwon (02/03/05)

i find this book very interesting to read. it's not ordinary novels or stories that we are all fameliar with, the short stories about his life are extremely funny.
CHAD MULLINS (12/14/04)

While I found this book interesting and the concept worthy of my attention; the spelling errors were distracting. I may have committed some grammatical errors in this review, but I am not a professional writer. My point is that a book by a writer celebrating knowledge and the pursuit of it should at least be edited for spelling errors.

For example: It only took me a few seconds to copy the above paragraph into a word processor and find that I had spelled a word wrong. I fixed it; the editor for this book should have done the same. Even the general guidelines for this review suggest proper spelling.

Chad Mullins
Boise Idaho
Sarah (12/06/04)

I really loved this book! I think it has to be the best light read I've come across in a long time, if not ever. Every time I picked it up, it put a smile on my face. I even started reading only a couple of pages at a time, because I didn't want it to end. Basically, if it sounds at all interesting to you, read it.
Christy (10/07/04)

This is really one of the best books I've read in a long time! It really is laugh-out loud funny but oh, so educational. It's the "good parts" version of the Encylopedia Britannica with witty real-life commentary thrown in.
Robyn (10/04/04)

Hysterically funny and still educational; intellectual and yet deeply pragmatic; capable of citing both Real World and Renoir without seeming to favor one over the other. I enjoyed everything about the book. Great for people who like, as A.J. would put it, "both Homers" -- Simpson and the "blind poet."

• Book Jacket: Salt Houses
    Salt Houses
    by Hala Alyan
    Salt Houses is the story of a Palestinian family living in Nablus; it begins on the eve of the ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Extraordinary Adventures
    by Daniel Wallace

A large-hearted and optimistic novel that is witty, winsome, and wise.

When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which ...

T's A S B Every M