Reader reviews and comments on Inside The Kingdom, plus links to write your own review.

Inside The Kingdom

Jul 2004, 224 pages
    Jun 2005, 224 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Inside The Kingdom

kate lessig

I could not put this book down. With compelling honesty and clarity Carmen Bin Ladin tells the story of how women for the love of a husband and children can bit by bit be swallowed by the powers that sustain their lives. Yet it is the triumph of her passion for personal freedom and her children's future where the author finds her true strength.
Suzanne Horne

This book should be read by everyone in America for
a comprehensive understanding of the country.
I lived in Riyadh for 5 years and agree with everything
in the book. Even with a U.S. government umbrella, it is a very difficult place for westerners
to live , especially women.

Suzanne Horne Phoenix, AZ

I found the writing simple and non sensationalist. This lady was not trying to create a literary masterpiece. the content was the truth .As one who worked for the Bin Ladens during the 90's inside and outside of KSA i admire the author in her quest to tell the facts!

There was nothing spectacular about either the content or the style. A rather simple expression of emotions that were supposedly evoked by the author's life in Saudi Arabia. A well written piece of literature makes one sympathize with even the villians in the story; this book was overshadowed by a hatred and contempt for Saudi life without "true" sympathy for those who suffered under a fundamentalistic, patriarchal society.

it was okay