Reader reviews and comments on Fish, plus links to write your own review.

Fish by L.S. Matthews X
Fish by L.S. Matthews

Jun 2004, 192 pages
    Jun 2003, 192 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Fish

Ariane Cadiz

fish
It was a great story! The story starts the day that their family told him they must leave their adopted home. The soldiers and the drought they barely had enough to eat and they could no longer stay to help the people in the village. Before they leaving he saw a fish in a puddle and he knew he had to take it...
Mrs. Diaz

Great Discussions!
I am using this book for the Global Read Aloud and found this book to be great for discussions about gender assumptions and bias (since the gender of Tiger is never revealed it provided) and could be a good topic for an argument essay.
anyomous

Great
I read this book a little while ago and i didn't know what to expect. This book turned out to be in my top 2 favorite books. Its a great thriller and a great adventure about a kid and his fish. This book never made me unamused. I loved the compassion between a boy and a fish. Such a loyal boy.
Nate

A great book
I had to read this book for school, and it was way better than I thought it would be. Vivid imagery of a life in a country experiencing Civil War and the innocent people who get trapped behind the boarders. A great story about hope and survival.
Tyler

This book was great. It was my favorite book.
Cathy

A moving tale, simply written. It uses imagery to illuminate a deeper meaning in the story. The main character, Tiger is cleverly not penned as either male or female. Tiger has the refreshing innocence of seeking to save a small fish while traveling on a perilous journey. The family are aid workers now escaping a civil war in an unnamed developing country. Like the narrow treacherous path being traveled, the story winds and slips into one danger after another. It is written with realism and also hope. Would assist children seeking an understanding of developing countries, civil war, aid workers and the live of a refugee. I also highly recommend it for boys or girls who are relectant readers. They will love the action!
ananya

it was agreat book but a little more sensory details and more imagery and the guide did a lot but didnt recieve much credit
Jane

It was Ok but I didn't understand why it was called fish?

• Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...
  • Book Jacket: Once Upon a River
    Once Upon a River
    by Diane Setterfield
    The novel is set in Radcot in the late 19th century, where a popular gathering place called the ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

At the Wolf's Table
    by Rosella Postorino

The internationally bestselling novel about the women conscripted to be Hitler's food tasters.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M