Reader reviews and comments on The Laments, plus links to write your own review.

The Laments

Jul 2005, 384 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Laments

peter

Didn't like it
I really really did not like this book. The first 1/3 was entertaining, interesting, funny. Then things got boring, then just plain weird, depressing, tragic. The characters were very undeveloped, the plot boring, the language stilted. Subtlety was lacking in almost every aspect of this book. Huge tragedies happen in the last 2/3s of the book and yet it is touted as a funny comedy. I found it frustrating, depressing and uninspiring.

Grace