MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Truth and Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

Truth and Beauty

Apr 2005, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Truth and Beauty

Tom Freeman (07/23/06)

Bel Canto,Taft,The Magicians Assistant, Patron Saints of Liars
I am eighty and a former English teacher and independent school administrator. Normally I enjoy fiction more than non-fiction. Ann Patchett's novels rank, in my opinion, with some of Faulkner's best writing. Harper's To Kill a Mockinggbird, is a fair comparison. I will be greatly surprised if her works are not soon recognized as some of the best writing in twentieth century American literature. Her ability to relate to themes common to the human family in general are amazing for such a young writer.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages