Reader reviews and comments on Truth and Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

Truth and Beauty

Apr 2005, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Truth and Beauty

Tom Freeman

Bel Canto,Taft,The Magicians Assistant, Patron Saints of Liars
I am eighty and a former English teacher and independent school administrator. Normally I enjoy fiction more than non-fiction. Ann Patchett's novels rank, in my opinion, with some of Faulkner's best writing. Harper's To Kill a Mockinggbird, is a fair comparison. I will be greatly surprised if her works are not soon recognized as some of the best writing in twentieth century American literature. Her ability to relate to themes common to the human family in general are amazing for such a young writer.

Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    Leonardo da Vinci
    by Walter Isaacson

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

Our Lady of the Prairie
    by Thisbe Nissen

A razor-sharp freight train barreling through the heart of the land and the land of the heart.

The Days When Birds Come Back